Research Fellows (Postdocs) in Creative Technologies /Visual Computing
We are always look for Research Fellows to join our new team of 20+ researchers (half postdocs half PhDs) in Visual Computing at the intersection of Computer Vision, Computer Graphics and Media Signal Processing. We are building a dynamic environment where enthusiastic young scientists with different backgrounds get together to shape the future in fundamental as well as applied research projects. Possible directions include but are not limited to:
- augmented reality (AR),
- virtual reality (VR),
- free viewpoint video (FVV),
- 3D video,
- 360/omni-directional video,
- high dynamic range (HDR),
- wide colour gamut (WCG),
- light-field technologies,
- 3D reconstruction, etc.
Individual research plans will be designed between PI, successful candidates and team, considering individual background, expertise, skills and interests, matching the overall strategy, and exploiting opportunities and inspirations.
The research project “V-Sense – Extending Visual Sensation through Image-Based Visual Computing” is funded by SFI over five years with a substantial budget to cover over 20 researchers. This is part of a strategic investment in Creative Technologies by SFI and Trinity College, which is defined as one of the strategic research themes of the College. V-Sense intends to become an incubator in this context, to stimulate further integration and growth and to impact Creative Industries in Ireland as a whole.
Standard duties and Responsibilities of the Post:
- Fundamental and/or applied research in Visual Computing at the intersection of Computer Vision, Computer Graphics and Media Signal Processing
- Scientific publications
- Contribution to prototype and demonstrator development
- Overall contribution to V-SENSE and teamwork
Knowledge & Experience:
- Enthusiasm for scientific research
- Strong ambition to learn and to master skills and knowledge to a world leading level
- Background in a sub-area of Visual Computing such as Computer Vision, Computer Graphics, and Medial Signal Processing
- Programming experience in bigger projects, e.g. in C++, OpenCV, OpenGL, Matlab, etc.
- Affinity for creative dimensions of visual computing
Skills & Competencies:
- Good written and oral proficiency in English (essential).
- Good communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal.
- Proven aptitude for Programming, System Analysis and Design.
- Proven ability to prioritise workload and work to exacting deadlines.
- Strong team player who is able to take responsibility to contribute to the overall success of the team.
- Enthusiastic and structured approach to research and development.
- Excellent problem solving abilities. – Desire to learn about new products, technologies and keep abreast of new product and technical and research developments.
Funding Information: The position is funded through the Science Foundation Ireland V-SENSE project.
Closing Date: Open until filled
The successful candidate will be expected to take up post as soon as possible.
Please apply via email to email@example.com and include a;
- Targeted cover letter (600-1000 words) expressing your suitability for a position
- Complete CV
Please include the reference code: VS-Research Fellow on all correspondence.