Position: PhD Student
Location: Stack B, Custom House Quay
I am a computer scientist, amateur photographer and art passionate. Since March 2017 I am working at Trinity College Dublin (TCD) pursuing a PhD degree in Computer Science, under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Aljoša Smolić within the V-SENSE project.
In 2011 I received the M.Sc. degree in Computer Science with a specialization in Visual Computing from ETH Zürich. I also hold a B.Sc. degree in Biomedical Engineering from the Universidad Iberoamericana in Mexico City.
Before joining TCD, I worked for about five years at Fraunhofer IGD as part of the Cultural Heritage Digitization group, where we developed a system to automatically scan museum objects named CultLab3D. Previous to that, during my master studies, I worked at Disney Research Zürich on several projects related to Stereoscopic 3D video processing.
My research interests focus on computer graphics, in particular Augmented Reality (AR).
- Method and apparatus for detecting an object with circular-arc-shaped supporting elements (US20160360184 A1 | DE102013221415A1 | EP3060878A1 | WO2015059115A1DE10)
- P. Santos, M. Ritz, C. Fuhrmann, R. Monroy, H. Schmedt, R. Tausch, M. Domajnko, M. Knuth, D. W. Fellner
Acceleration of 3D Mass Digitization Processes: Recent Advances and Challenges
in Mixed Reality and Gamification for Cultural Heritage, Marinos Ioannides, Nadia Magnenat-Thalmann, George Papagiannakis (editors), Springer, 2017
- S. Poulakos, R. Monroy, T. Aydin, O. Wang, A. Smolic, M. Gross
A computational model for perception of stereoscopic window violations
in Quality of Multimedia Experience (QoMEX), 2015
- P. Santos, M. Ritz, R. Tausch, H. Schmedt, R. Monroy, A. De Stefano, O. Posniak, C. Fuhrmann, D. W. Fellner
CultLab3D – On the Verge of 3D Mass Digitization
in Eurographics Workshop on Graphics and Cultural Heritage, 2014
- A. Smolic, S. Poulakos, S. Heinzle, P. Greisen, M. Lang, A. Hornung, M. Farre, N. Stefanoski, O. Wang, L. Schnyder, R. Monroy, M. Gross
Disparity-Aware Stereo 3D Production Tools
in Conference for Visual Media Production (CVMP), 2011