Position: Phd Student
Location: Stack B, Custom House Quay
I obtained a Master’s degree in Computer Science from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich. After my Masters I acquired work experience primarily in the field of research and development at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich and at the Disney Research Zurich lab. At the moment I am a Phd student at Trinity College Dublin working for the V-Sense project.
My main research topic is quality assessment for stereoscopic 360-video.
Please find some related posts to my research interests here:
- High Dynamic Range Tone Mapping (US 20170070719 A1, 2015)
- Methods for Creating and Distributing Art-Directable Continious Dynamic Range Video (US 20160353164 A1, 2015)
- Temporally Coherent Local Tone Mapping of High Dynamic Range Video (US 9378543 B2, 2014)
- Method and System for Rendering Virtual Views (US 9530240 B2, 2013)
Conference and Journal Papers
- Sebastian Knorr, Simone Croci, Aljosa Smolic
A Modular Scheme for Artifact Detection in Stereoscopic Omni-Directional Images
In proceedings of the Irish Machine Vision and Image Processing Conference, Aug. 30 – Sep. 1, 2017.
- Simone Croci, Tunç O. Aydin, Nikolce Stefanoski, Markus Gross, Aljosa Smolic
Real-Time Temporally Coherent Local HDR Tone Mapping
- Simone Croci, Nikolce Stefanoski, Aljosa Smolic
Robust Calibration of Broadcast Cameras Based on Ellipse and Line Contours
- Alexandre Chapiro, Tunç O. Aydin, Nikolce Stefanoski, Simone Croci, Aljosa Smolic, Markus Gross
Art-Directable Continuous Dynamic Range Video
Computer & Graphics, Elsevier, 2015.
- Tunç O. Aydin, Nikolce Stefanoski, Simone Croci, Markus Gross, Aljosa Smolic
Temporally Coherent Local Tone Mapping of HDR Video
SIGGRAPH Asia, 2014.
- Simone Croci, Aljosa Smolic, Oliver Wang
Dynamic Time Warping Based 3D Contours
- Remo Ziegler, Simone Croci, Markus Gross
Lighting and Occlusion in a Wave-Based Framework
- Simone Croci
Holography-Pipeline: Reflectance and Occlusion in Wave Based Scene Evaluation
Master Thesis, 2006.