Postdoctoral Research Fellows (Postdocs, Senior or Junior) in Creative Technologies /Visual Computing.
Join our team of 20+ researchers (half postdocs half PhDs) in Visual Computing at the intersection of Computer Vision, Computer Graphics and Media Technology. We are building a dynamic environment where enthusiastic young scientists with different backgrounds get together to shape the future in fundamental as well as applied research projects. Possible directions include but are not limited to:
- Augmented and virtual reality (AR/VR),
- Free viewpoint video (FVV),
- VR/360/omni-directional video,
- Light-field technologies,
- High dynamic range (HDR) and wide colour gamut (WCG) imaging,
- Visual effects and animation,
- Deep learning for visual computing,
- All fundamental areas of visual computing (vision, graphics, media technology).
Individual research plans will be designed between PI, successful candidates and team, considering individual background, expertise, skills and interests, matching the overall strategy, and exploiting opportunities and inspirations.
A senior position requires a minimum 4 years of postdoctoral experience. This may be particularly interesting for candidates pursuing an academic career and preparing for a first faculty position.
The research project “V-SENSE – Extending Visual Sensation through Image-Based Visual Computing” is funded by SFI over five years with a substantial budget to cover over 20 researchers. This is part of a strategic investment in Creative Technologies by SFI and Trinity College, which is defined as one of the strategic research themes of the College. V-SENSE intends to become an incubator in this context, to stimulate further integration and growth and to impact Creative Industries in Ireland as a whole.
Standard duties and Responsibilities of the Post
- Fundamental and/or applied research in Visual Computing at the intersection of Computer Vision, Computer Graphics and Media Signal Processing
- Scientific publications
- Contribution to prototype and demonstrator development
- Overall contribution to V-SENSE and teamwork
- Supervision of PhD and other students
- Outreach & dissemination
- For senior postdocs: leadership in the team
- A Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field in the area of ICT.
- For senior postdocs: at least 4 years of postdoctoral experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- An established track record of publication in leading journals and/or conferences, in one or more sub-areas of Visual Computing.
- Excellent knowledge of and integration in the related scientific communities.
- The ability to work well in a group, and the ability to mentor junior researchers, such as Ph.D. students.
- Affinity for creative dimensions of visual computing
Skills & Competencies
- Good written and oral proficiency in English (essential).
- Good communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal.
- Proven aptitude for programming, system analysis and design.
- Proven ability to prioritise workload and work to exacting deadlines.
- Proven track record of publication in high-quality venues.
- Flexible and adaptable in responding to stakeholder needs.
- Strong team player who is able to take responsibility to contribute to the overall success of the team.
- Enthusiastic and structured approach to research and development.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities. – Desire to learn about new products, technologies and keep abreast of new product and technical and research developments.
Further Information for Candidates
|URL Link to School||https://www.scss.tcd.ie/|
|URL Link to Research Group||https://v-sense.scss.tcd.ie/|
|URL Link to Human Resources||https://www.tcd.ie/hr/|
Funding Information: The position is funded through the Science Foundation Ireland V-SENSE project.
Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and please include:
- cover letter expressing your suitability for a position (600-1000 words)
- a full curriculum vitae to include the names and contact details of 2 referees with their email addresses
Please include the reference code: VS-RF-2018-19_OPEN_CALL on all correspondence
Please submit to:
Name: Gail Weadick
Title: Project Administrator
Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Telephone Number: 01 896 8176
Please see further important position details below:
|Post Status:||Specific Purpose contract approximately up to
3 years – Full-time
|Research Group /Department/School:||V-SENSE Project, School of Computer Science and Statistics, Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin|
|Location:||Stack B, IFSC, Custom House Quay,
Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin
College Green, Dublin 2, Ireland
|Reports to:||Professor Aljosa Smolic, Principal Investigator,
|Salary:||Appointment will be made on the SFI Team member Budget Post-doctorate Research Fellow scale at a point in line with Government Pay Policy|
|Closing Date and Time:||OPEN CALL|