Computer Animation, Research Assistant/Fellow
Application Deadline: 31 August 2019
Join our team of 20+ researchers (half postdocs half PhDs) in Visual Computing at the intersection of Computer Vision, Computer Graphics and Media Technology. We are building a dynamic environment where enthusiastic young scientists with different backgrounds get together to shape the future in fundamental as well as applied research projects.
We are looking for a candidate to strengthen our team in the area of computer animation with special focus on crowd simulation. The position is funded by the European research project SAUCE with international partners from film industry.
Main responsibility will be the development of crowd simulation solutions for the SAUCE project. Further contributions are expected to V-SENSE creative experiments, especially Unity development for AR and VR applications.
Standard duties and Responsibilities of the Post
- Development of crowd simulation solutions in the SAUCE project
- Contribution to V-SENSE creative experiments
- Unity development for AR, VR and other applications
- Overall contribution to V-SENSE and teamwork
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
Knowledge & Experience
- Programming in C#, Python
- Experience in Unity development
- Experience of 3D authoring tools such as Blender or Houdini
- Experience with Pointcloud data and tools such as CloudCompare, MeshLab
- Experience in Unity character animation, navigation and user interface
- Experience in Character Animation, Rigging
- Artificial Intelligence: Behaviour Trees, Utility AI
- Authoring VR content for HTC Vive, Occulus etc.
- Authoring content for AR on mobile, AR devices such as Hololens
Skills & Competencies
- Good written and oral proficiency in English (essential).
- Good communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal.
- Proven aptitude for programming, system analysis and design.
- Proven ability to prioritise workload and work to exacting deadlines.
- Salary dependent on qualifications and experience.
Application Procedure and reference code
- Candidates should submit a cover letter (600-1000 words together with a full curriculum vitae to include the names and contact details of 2 referees (email addresses if possible) to: weadickg AT tcd.ie by the deadline 31 August 2019.
Please include the reference code: VS-SAUCE-Dev-Aug2019 on all correspondence.